AB60R memory question

Discussion in 'Shuttle' started by Don Abrams, Oct 14, 2004.

  1. Don Abrams

    Don Abrams Guest

    I'm trying to determine if I have the incorrect memory for this system.
    Per Micro Center & Centon website I've installed the following memory.
    CDC1G/IKVN 1GB DUAL PC3200 (DDR400) Unbuffered, Non-ECC, 184 Pin DIMM
    On page 40 of the Shuttle MB manual a note states:
    "Don't support double-sided X 16 DDR DIMMs."
    The DIMMS have 16 chips (8 per side). I've checked the recommended memory
    for this MB at PNY and Crucial sites and have looked at their retail
    packages -- these also have a 16 chip double sided configuration.
    My problem is that the system will often crash/reboot when loading the
    windows XP desktop. It will do this very frequently using bank 1 & 3, but
    very infrequently using bank 2 & 4 .
    I can run WINDIAG memory tester from floppy in extended test mode for hours
    without errors.
    I'm not sure where to turn for help. I've tried Shuttle's email support --
    no response for over a week.

    Thanks in advance for your help,

    Don

    Don Abrams, Oct 14, 2004

  2. Don Abrams

    Bart Guest

    Hi Don,

    Did you try to change the timings of the RAM ?

    regards,
    Bart

    Bart, Oct 18, 2004

  3. Don Abrams

    Don Guest

    Bart,
    I've got timings set for 2.5,4,4,8 and frequency for DDR400. Centon
    said to set timing to "By SPD" and Frequency to "Auto" and I should be
    fine. Only one crash/reboot while loading Windows in two weeks.
    I'd still like to know what they mean by "Don't support double-sided X
    16 DDR DIMMs."
    No response to 2 email support requests. Do you know if Shuttle reads
    or responds to questions on this newsgroup?
    I've purchased Asus and Soyo in the past and they monitor theirs.
    Thanks,
    Don

    Don, Oct 23, 2004