    Hard Drive 2nd. When I disabled the JMicron controller and plugged in
    a SATA DVD the DVD booted fine. So, those "fixes" for the raid-related
    boot problem don't work for everyone.

    undecided, May 11, 2007

  2. The fix for the RAID-related boot problem *does* work for everyone. However,
    the "fix" concerned is not present in 1.1beta6, and while it is in 1.3, the
    "problem" that this is a solution for is not the same as the one mentioned
    in your header. What you seem to be complaining about is something
    completely different.

    Can you start again from first principles, telling us exactly what you are
    trying to do and how you have the hardware configured? At least then we'll
    have something to work with.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Richard Hopkins, May 13, 2007

  3. undecided

    undecided Guest

    OK, I have a BENQ Dvd+/-RW drive plugged into the IDE port of the
    port. I have the JMicron Adapter set to IDE in the Bios. I have 2 SATA-
    II drives plugged onto the board. I have the on-board controller set
    to SATA in the bios. I created a RAID-0 array with those 2 drives in
    the bios. In the boot priority, I gave 1st priority to the BenQ Drive
    and 2nd priority to the Raid-0 array. Now, I'd like to install Vista
    from the bootable DVD. I put the DVD in the BenQ, reboot and the board
    is complaining that I have a bad System Disk (trying to read from the
    unformatted Raid-0 array), or it just sits there with a message that
    it's updating the DMI. It does not boot Vista from the DVD. When I did
    use a SATA DVD-Drive and disabled the JMicron controller, the Vista
    DVD booted fine. Is this enough info?

    undecided, May 14, 2007
  4. undecided

    undecided Guest