    Thanks,
    Sard

    p.s. Richh, does your B06R bios address this issue?

    Sard, Jul 14, 2007

  2. You don't need a workaround, this was fixed ages ago.
    ....in which case flash version 13, connect your SATA optical, select RAID
    mode for the ICH8R and off you go. Simple. You should be alright using 14
    too, but I've noticed that its behaviour is a little different. This might
    be because Abit have refined its behaviour, but it could also be because
    this issue has returned. If you want to be 100% certain, use 13.
    No, B6R was intended primarily to address power management issues. Abit had
    by that point fixed the incompatibility between the JMB363 and ICH8R RAID
    mode which existed on the 10 BIOS. By the time 11 went gold, they had dealt
    with the issue you're complaining about too.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    The UK's leading BT-pwned technology reseller www.dabs.com

    Richard Hopkins, Jul 14, 2007

  3. Sard

    Meen Guest

    Could be my hard drive, then, because with 13 the computer boots and
    the WindowsXP installation starts. It has that blue background and at
    the bottom of the screen you can see all the files that are being
    loaded. After choosing the Maxtor 6Y120M0, partitioning it, and
    formatting it, WinXP says it's copying files. At this point, we arrive
    at the message: "Setup is starting Windows". It's always at that point
    that I get a BSOD.
    Being unable to think of anything else, I'm going to get hold of a
    different brand hard drive (SATA, of course) and give that a go.

    Thanks for your replies, and I'll keep you posted!

    Sard

    Meen, Jul 15, 2007