    will not boot.Screen is dead, mouse is dead, lights on keyboard flicker
    when you switch power on but keyboard doesn't work

    What should I try next?

    Tombolt, Jun 13, 2006

  2. Tombolt

    - HAL9000 Guest

    I think you are trying to find out if the motherboard is salvageable?

    If you can get your hands on a PCI video card I would try that. If
    only the AGP power is out then it should work under those
    circumstances.

    Also, if the new video card is not getting warm then that would point
    again to the motherboard's AGP power.

    If you have a volt meter you can check the PSU output voltages at the
    motherboard...

    Forrest

    Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
    http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

    - HAL9000, Jun 13, 2006

  3. Tombolt

    Pooh Bear Guest

    What do you mean by *burnt*. This is abnormal. Could mean power supply failure.
    In which case maybe everything is toast now.

    Graham

    Pooh Bear, Jun 15, 2006
  4. Tom,
    Greetings and hallucinations from just north of Fantasy Land (Washington,
    DC)!
    Did you check the power supply? That would be next on my list of the usual
    suspects.
    Peace,
    Paul

    Paul D. Motzenbecker, Jr., Jun 18, 2006
  5. Tombolt

    Zorkon Guest

    I run an XP 2400 on a kt7A the only real thing was to update the bios
    otherwise runs at 2gb very smoothly with 2gb of Corsare memory.
    Quakes like a dream..

    Zorkon, May 26, 2007