ABIT AN8 SLI AWARD POST CODE 0.1. HELP !!

Discussion in 'Abit' started by i.grivet, Aug 13, 2006.

  1. i.grivet

    i.grivet Guest

    Hello,

    I'm posting from France because i can't find any solutions about my problem
    :
    I've bought an Abit An8 Sli motherboard 3 monthes ago and it had always well
    worked but yesterday, when i've try to switch on, nothing happened and the
    fans didn't worked too. I've just saw an "Award post code" on the Mother
    board :
    0.1.When i 've read the user's manual, about this Award post code i saw
    "Expand the Xgroup codes location in physical address 1000:0"
    I've try to clear CMOS many times, to switch off power supply unit , pull
    out atx power connectors from motherboard, remove ram's, remove Graphic
    card...And each time i've the same post code and it always fails to boot
    up...
    Is my motherboard is dead ?
    What's the meaning of this award post code ?

    If you've got some ideas about my problem and how to boot up, thanks a lot !

    Best regards,

    Olivier.

    i.grivet, Aug 13, 2006

  2. i.grivet

    melody27 Guest

    Hello and good luck, my friend! I have been having a similar problem
    for almost a year now! I have returned 2 boards to the company, so
    far. I can safely say that I have hooked, un-hooked, re-hooked & more,
    each and every wire, cord, cable, and card in my case. I have in
    general gone completely bonkers trying to figure this one out I have
    called tech support more than once, and ended up feeling something akin
    to a village idiot. Not because of what I did or didn't do, but
    because 'they' were unable to understand that I had a major problem I
    was unable to fix. And no matter what they had me try, I still
    haven't gotten my board going at all to this day! SO if you have any
    luck, please...please...please let me know.
    One thing I found out that might or might not help you is that, (in
    addition to God knows what else I've been doing wrong!), I was
    shorting out my board by having something metal touching in the back.
    I just put a small bit of felt on each point of contact and that took
    care of that dilemma.
    Anyway, I wish you the best of luck! I anticipate that you will be up
    & running smoothly soon. In the mean time, I will be praying for the
    both of us, if you don't mind. I have the feeling we are going to
    need Divine Intervention or something pretty close to it before it's
    all said and done! I look forward to hearing the solution to your
    problem. I know it will definitely be coming from some greater mind
    than my own! ; > Melody

    melody27, Aug 17, 2006