Abit AW8-Max - Latest BIOS Flash then RAID 0 Problem

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Dave, Aug 7, 2005.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Got a new Abit MB and 830 Dual Core CPU. Two Toshiba 160 GB drives.

    Succeeded in getting the Intel Raid Control setup in the Bios (it wasn't
    obvious) and successfully installed Windows XP in RAID 0 configuration
    (2x160 = 320 MB boot drive in RAID 0)...

    Out of the box the Abit bios did not recognize the cpu properly - it thought
    it was a Celeron D..

    Latest BIOS from Abit fixes that problem. Flashed the BIOS, now,, even
    though the BIOS is configured to enable the Intel Raid controller, I never
    get the press "Control + I" prompt to get into the Intel Bios Raid Setup..

    Tried unplugging the power cable, and resetting the BIOS multiple times -
    this seems to be very "iffy" with these Abit MB's...had to wait overnite
    with the original bios in order to get the Intel Raid Bios prompt to come
    up.

    Any ideas (other than waiting for another release of the bios)??? :

    Dave, Aug 7, 2005

  2. Dave

    stink Guest

    the same happens on my av8 with latest bios.
    try to disable legacy support for the usb-ports.
    this helps for me.

    walter

    stink, Aug 20, 2005