    I'm asking because that would mean setting FSB to 133,which at present i
    can't do.

    Thanks for any info..[be gentle!]

    Danger Mouse, Oct 7, 2003

  2. Danger Mouse

    Nick Dalton Guest

    Silly question but is your RAM up to it??

    I have the same board and chip and had it running higher that that with
    these settings....

    CPU settings in your BIOS -

    Ext Clock cpu/agp/pci: 133/66/33 (I have mine at 133/88/44)
    pci bus 33
    Multiplier x16
    H/W strap HIGH
    cpu:dram by spd

    in you advanced chipset section -

    dram timing
    cas latency: 2
    precharge delay 5
    ras to cas 2
    ras precharge 2

    I think I'm right in saying the board will support the 533FSB chip (I hope
    so I've just bought one!) according to their website it will support up to
    2.8GHz chip at 533FSB.

    Check your ram and try those settings

    8)

    Nick Dalton, Oct 7, 2003

  3. Danger Mouse

    Danger Mouse Guest

    Thanks,will try them now!

    Danger Mouse, Oct 7, 2003
  4. Danger Mouse

    Danger Mouse Guest

    in sleep mode.Although the PC itself does what it normally does.
    I can overclock the agp/pci with no probs.
    It's just the FSB. :(

    Danger Mouse, Oct 7, 2003
  5. Danger Mouse

    Homie Guest

    I have a P4 2.4/533in my BD7 II .....runs perfect.

    --
    Mainboards, Videocards & CPU pin repair.

    http://motherboardrepair.com

    Homie, Oct 8, 2003
  6. Danger Mouse

    Nick Dalton Guest

    It sounds like the ram to me.......

    Are you sure its man enough for the job?

    Nick Dalton, Oct 8, 2003
  7. Danger Mouse

    Danger Mouse Guest

    The ram is DDR PC2100.
    The message on boot is Host/Dram 100/133
    (doesn't mean much to me though!)

    Danger Mouse, Oct 8, 2003
  8. Danger Mouse

    Nick Dalton Guest

    Mine reads Host/DRAM 133/133 on startup so somethin is up
    somewhere............

    Nick Dalton, Oct 8, 2003
  9. Danger Mouse

    Danger Mouse Guest

    Thanks for helping.
    I'm just not sure about going out,buying a CPU to find it won't run.
    I could always plump for a 2.4 with a 400Mhz FSB!

    Oh well!

    Danger Mouse, Oct 9, 2003