    I would be used for a backup pc and just a bit of run to keep it
    going.

    Thanks.

    The Other Guy., Dec 14, 2004

  2. The Other Guy.

    Leon Rowell Guest

    Leon Rowell, Dec 14, 2004

  3. The Other Guy.

    OB Guest

    1.4Ghz with a Slot-T adapter, system bus at 100Mhz (not overclocked)

    OB, Dec 16, 2004
  4. It does not sound usable such a 933 MHz P3. It cannot be fsb100, but
    is fsb133.

    As you might know fsb133 is not prohibited on BE6, but with BX chipset
    you don't have less than a 2/3 agp divider, så agp will be overclocked
    by 33% at fsb 133. This can be handled well by many graphics cards,
    per example voodoo3, - or one can use a pci graphics card. The BE6 has
    a pci divider of 1/4.

    As other states the tualatin celerons are the top. Such a 1400 celeron
    might run 14x124 as well.

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6716450856&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

    You can buy it now a complete set for 82 $ for slot-T adapter, 1400
    MHz cpu and a large cooler. Plus postage. The US dollar is cheap !

    Then I would add a ata133 pci harddisk controller. It can be found
    very cheap of the brand ST Lab

    best regards

    John

    JK (at mail dot dk), Dec 16, 2004
  5. The Other Guy.

    Salvatore Guest

    You may encounter the "bad caps" problem. The increase in power
    requirements may exacerbate poor capacitor component quality in this
    motherboard. I have a pile of bad caps from this and it's sister the BF6.

    If you are good at soldering, Replace them all before upgrading, or at
    least be prepared to if you are not exempt from the problem.

    Google search for massive amounts of data on the subject

    Salvatore, Dec 18, 2004