    card on this old motherboard ,just inform me..
    Regards..Nikos gr....(why every standard does not care to be backward
    compatible?)

    nikos, Feb 16, 2004

  2. nikos

    Homie Guest

    Hello,
    What version BE6 (BE6 , BE6 II, BE6 2.0, BE6 1.2) ?

    The most common version's BE6 II & BE6 2.0 raid
    If that is what you have:
    1) slot 5 can not be used unless the highpoint controller (ata 66) is disabled in
    bios, only a Voodoo 1 and a couple of unusual cards can share with the highpoint.
    2) slot 3 also shares with highpoint ,most cards work ok in this slot ,-some- cards
    will not operate properly with highpoint enabled.
    3)slot 2 is best for most sound cards
    4)slot 4 works good with any card I know of .
    5)slot 1 shares with agp, I find that most dvd,tv tuner, video capture type cards
    share well with gforce and ATI agp cards on this board.

    Homie

    --
    Mainboards, Videocards & CPU pin repair.

    http://motherboardrepair.com

    Well i have abit be6 ,i bought a new wireless network card (pci ).I
    plugged it to my pc.The pc cannot boot.I tried several things as to
    let only this pci card,i flashed the bios with the latest
    version,nothing.If anybody has found a solution how to work new pci

    Homie, Feb 17, 2004

  3. nikos

    Bob Guest

    I had a similar problem with my BE6 (v1.0) with the TH bios and the
    Linksys PCI wireless G. I tried every pci slot, stripped the computer
    to the bare minimum to run and still would not function. I was finaly
    able to boot, but not recognize or configure the wireless G. I've
    seen some post talk about PCI version and/or chip set is not
    compatible.

    Regardless, I wound up getting a USB wirless for the BE6 and have not
    had any problems.

    Search other posts and you'll see similar problems.

    Bob

    Bob, Feb 18, 2004