Abit BE6 and Windows XP Setup

Discussion in 'Abit' started by alexsim2006, Nov 30, 2006.

  1. alexsim2006

    alexsim2006

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2006
    Location:
    England UK
    My problem is that my motherboard (Abit BE6) wont boot from the CD-ROM drive, I have tried this drive on my other PC and it boots from it OK. It also has a Highpoint controller (HPT366) and it wont let me select the drive to boot. (it says 'non bootable drive' which is not true) I am trying to install windows XP on the formatted hard drive, and I followed the steps in a previous post: ''One prepare the HPT366 drivers on a floppy and during installation when it asks for scsi drivers, one press F6, and it will look on the floppy.'' When I do this the windows xp setup hangs. ( I had to use the floppy disk XP setup)

    Any ideas?

    Thanks

    PC spec:
    Intel pentium III processor
    Abit BE6 motherboard
    Highpoint v1.25
    BIOS Date: 07/05/00
    BIOS Type: Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG
    BIOS ID: 07/05/2000-i440BX-W83977-2A69KA1UC-TH
    OEM Sign-On: GREEN AGP/PCI/ISA SYSTEM
    Chipset: Intel 440BX/ZX rev 3
    Superio: Winbond 977EF rev 4 found at port 3F0h
    CPU Type: Pentium III
    CPU Speed: 300 Mhz

    alexsim2006, Nov 30, 2006