    Igor Grginov Guest

    Is there any solution for this?

    Thank you for your answers.

    Igor Grginov, Sep 2, 2003

  2. Igor Grginov

    Igor Grginov Guest

    Tue, 2 Sep 2003 14:18:34 -0700,
    Rick je tada napisao:

    Yep, just saw it minute ago... :-(

    Tnx for answer.

    Igor Grginov, Sep 2, 2003

  3. Igor Grginov

    Morgan Guest

    I thought that the maximum memory for this board was 768mb and the max
    individual stick 256mb...?

    As for why it identifies your 512mb stick as a 128mb I am sure someone with
    greater knowledge will help you.

    Could it be something to do with single / double sided memory and only one
    type can be used..? I remember that this caused an issue for my friend when
    his 256mb was identified as a 128mb.

    Morgan, Sep 2, 2003
  4. Igor Grginov

    BigBadger Guest

    256MB is the max supported per module. The BX also needs 'low density'
    (double sided) 256MB modules.....most modern 256MB modules are high density
    and would only be recognised as 128MB.

    BigBadger, Sep 3, 2003
  5. Intel 440BX chipset motherboards can't see the entire capacity of 512MB
    sticks, period.

    These boards can use a maximum of 128MB per bank (i.e. per side). The only
    solution is to use a pair of quality double-sided 256MB sticks.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Out with the old & in with the new at www.dabsxchange.com