Abit BH6 & P3 850MHz compatibility

Discussion in 'Abit' started by skywalka, Jun 24, 2006.

1. skywalka

skywalka

Abit BH6 & P3 850MHz compatibility
    Hi guys.

My first post! I signed up hoping somebody may be able to help me.

My Abit BH6 system consists of 3x256MB Kingmax memory chips (up to 133MHz), a Nvidia Riva TNT2 video card & a Celeron 300(66). I have the latest SS BIOS.

My BH6's highest CPU setting in the BIOS is 850(100) so I purchased a Pentium III 850MHz.

Now, when I boot up, the BIOS lists the processor as a Pentium III 566E. The machine is running with an FSB of 66MHz & a clock mulitplier of 8.5 but it should be running with an FSB of 100MHz. If I manually run the system at 100MHz I cannot boot beyond the BIOS.

So I decided to search the net & found this page: http://fae.abit.com.tw/eng/faq/generic/checkcpu.htm which states that the BH6 can only run with a maximum of 600(100). Is this the most up-to-date information? Why is the 700(66) Celeron supported but not a Pentium with an equivalent clockspeed.

Does anybody have any experience with the Abit BH6? What is the highest CPU that anybody has used without overclocking or using slotkets? Why does the 850(100) P3U run at 66MHz but not 100MHz?

Thanx 4 looking.

skywalka, Jun 24, 2006
  2. skywalka

skywalka

Getting desperate here guys. Please help if you can.

Thanx again.

skywalka, Jul 6, 2006
Ask a Question