    Abit BH6 mobo not supporting their card.
    As this is a phased-out mobo, I don't expect any support from Abit.
    Can anybody help me ?

    Papili, May 10, 2007

  2. Papili

    lkboop Guest

    You have to manually configure your modem card in the BIOS as to IRQ
    etc.. Just like configuring a sound card, you know, the ones that never
    worked right anyway. I have no idea what needs to be done, I forgot how
    to do this years ago and I'm glad cause I remember it was a real pain to do.

    lkboop, May 10, 2007

  3. Papili

    Stephen Guest

    The BH6 won't see any v2.2 PCI card, most likely that software modem
    is using that spec.

    Get a modem with a serial port or try a usb modem.

    Stephen

    Stephen, May 10, 2007
  4. Thanks for this input. I think, I will give up and try an external modem.

    Papili via HWKB.com, May 10, 2007
  5. OK, this confirms my new option, as I told previously in the same thread, I
    will give up and consider an external modem.

    Papili via HWKB.com, May 10, 2007
  6. Papili

    Puddin' Man Guest

    In your shoes, I think I'd consider a used ISA hardware modem.

    I entered "isa modem" in an ebay search and got 20+ hits.

    Of course, if all your ISA slots are full ...

    Puddin'

    "Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!"
    -Friedrich Schiller

    Puddin' Man, May 16, 2007