    and still access the space if I partition it ?

    I was thinking about the Maxtor 200 - 250 unit that comes with a
    ata card (that would leave in the retial box)

    Geneve, Feb 12, 2004

  2. Geneve

    BigBadger Guest

    The HPT370 controller on the BX133 will support very large drives but only
    with the latest HPT370 bios...This would mean using one of the modified
    motherboard BIOS's or modifying your own with motherboard bios CBROM to
    include the latest HPT370 insert.

    The BER_Z72C bios which you can find in Tom G's collection here:
    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com/Beta/bx133/bios/Custom/
    has a HPT370 bios insert which supports large drives (although still not the
    latest version)

    BigBadger, Feb 12, 2004

  3. It's the best performing version IMO, which is why it's in Z72C ;-)
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Richard Hopkins, Feb 12, 2004
  4. Geneve

    Ross Guest

    Been using the Z72C for over 14 months now on my BX 133 and it is rock
    stable....had my C900 overclocked to 1006 when I was using W98 but have'nt
    overclocked since I switched to XP...system is rock solid with the Z72C

    ABIT BX 133 with OEM C900 stock HSF, default voltage,1.75
    2 x 128 megs of Mushkin Basic 133, 1 x 64 Generic PC 100 (320 total)
    MSI G4Ti4200 64 Meg Video running NVidia 52.16
    RAID 0 ( 2x 20 Gig IBM Deskstar 60GXP, formated z:32, 16k block)
    WD 10.2 Gig 7200 Harddrive (ATA 66), on IDE 3 (ATA 100)
    52x CDR
    Plextor 8x4x32 CD-RW
    SoundBlaster PCI 128
    LinkSys NIC
    2 Panaflo's (80mm) , 1 in front, 1 in back ( both plugged into board), PC
    Power and cooling 275W power supply
    XP Home SP 1
    17" vpr Matrix monitor
    Case temp is 29C, CPU is 29C