ABIT Fatal1ty AN9 32X AM2 small burn mark and 8.6 post code

Discussion in 'Abit' started by lightwarrior420, May 15, 2009.

  1. lightwarrior420

    lightwarrior420

    Joined:
    May 15, 2009
    Hey all new here i have had this comp for about 2 years now and just today when i was surfing the internet my computer shut off and i smelled electrical burn. first post code was 8.2, tried to turn it on but it would not turn on, not even for a second. so i took everything out of the computer and gave it a good cleaning.

    there was a burn mark that on a small chip below the FP-1394-1 spot on the bottom of the MB. After I unhooked the cable that was there and reconnected everything i get the 8.6 assert pwm for cpu core voltage. The computer turns on for about 5 seconds and turns off. i made sure everything was hooked up correctly and all fans are working. These are the specifications of my computer. Any help will be greatly appreaciated. I am at an Intermediate/Advanced stage with computers and have built over 10. Power mgmt is not my cup of tea haha.:):)

    CPU
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core Processor

    PWR
    Rosewill RX850-D-B 850W 80Plus Certified,ATX12V v2.2 & EPS12V v2.91 SLI 8800GTX SLI CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply

    Video
    Foxconn FV-N88SMBD2-ONOC GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP

    Mem
    3.5GB G.SKILL DDR2 800
    Windows xp limit 4gb physical

    lightwarrior420, May 15, 2009