    I have 2 sticks of DDR2 PC3200+ RAM in slots 1 and 2. Would I be able to put
    a 1 GB DDR2 PC3200+ in slot 3 for a total of 2GB or does this not work. I
    get differing opinions?. Any help appreciated.

    bobbydavro, Dec 11, 2006

  2. bobbydavro

    beenthere Guest

    Check it out at www.crucial.com
    They are the RAM experts.

    bw..OJ

    beenthere, Dec 11, 2006

  3. bobbydavro

    Paul Guest

    bobbydavro wrote:
    > I have 2 sticks of DDR2 PC3200+ RAM in slots 1 and 2. Would I be able to
    > put a 1 GB DDR2 PC3200+ in slot 3 for a total of 2GB or does this not
    > work. I get differing opinions?. Any help appreciated.

    http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=Fatal1ty+AN8+SLI

    "Although the memory can be installed one module at a time, the
    best performance comes from using matched pairs of modules."

    Revision E processors or later, support the use of single modules
    if you want to use odd numbers of modules. But the best performance
    comes from matched pairs.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Dec 13, 2006