    fine. This is a strange problem to me. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY
    appreciated. Thank you in advance

    Harry

    Harry Card, Jul 12, 2003

  2. Harry Card

    John Lewis Guest

    YEP ! Mine very occasionally did the same (V1.0 BIOS). No other bad
    symptoms at all.

    Zero occurrence since updating to V1.1 BIOS when released
    (and later V1.5). Coincidence ?? Probably not, since Abit were
    fiddling with power-on delays in these later BIOS releases.

    Don't worry, be happy................

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Jul 12, 2003

  3. Harry Card

    Wozzle Guest

    Hi
    I have an Abit IC7 with a p4 2.8 HT and I have experienced similar.
    I turn on the computer it sounds like it's going to boot I wait to see
    the monitor led turn on and screen to appear but it just powers down
    again.
    Then I just turn the computer on again and it boot's just fine.
    I have not yet found a solution :/

    Wozzle, Jul 13, 2003
  4. Harry Card

    TomG Guest

    well, the other poster and I worked off the group on his situation and it
    turned out that the settings in the PC Health screen having to do with CPU
    overtemp shutdown and CPU fan detection were shutting his system down.

    I asked him to be absolutely sure that the cpu fan was working correctly and
    not slow to spin up and then to disable any of the fan and thermal
    protection settings in the bios. he came back to me indicating that all was
    well.

    in this case, I speculate that the fan RPM signal is not what the mobo bios
    detection logic wants to see in the first few seconds of operation and was
    causing the bios to false-detect a failed cpu fan. just a guess...

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 113,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Jul 13, 2003
  5. hey guys,

    Just a quickie.

    I've just setup a system with an IC7-E board and a 2.8 800fsb ht cpu with
    the stock cooler. My temps are:
    sys: 41c cpu:50.

    The cpu goes up to about 65c under full load. My room temp is 25c at the mo.

    Are these temps normal or do I need a better cooler, if so which on do you
    guys recommend.

    Chris

    Chris Willetts, Jul 13, 2003