    a Win 7 issue unless someone can suggest a BIOS setting change.

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    Conrad

    Conrad, Dec 27, 2009

  2. Conrad

    Conrad Guest

    Hi again

    No, I haven't tried a new PSU - the unit is a new Corsair 750w which works
    fine with a non Windows 7 OS.
    However I have a PSU tester which shows no fault on any of the rails on the
    Corsair.
    The restart takes place after the same elapsed time after shutdown (5-6secs)
    so this makes me think it is BIOS related.
    Otherwise it could be some settings in Win 7 - I'm not up to speed on the
    new OS as yet so maybe need to delve into that.
    Thanks for your input.

    Conrad

    Conrad, Dec 28, 2009

  3. Conrad

    Foke Guest

    I wonder if it's Windows causing the reboot? I don't know how Windows 7
    works, but XP defaults to an automatic reboot after a system failure. This
    option can be changed by right-clicking My Computer and selecting
    Properties/Advanced tab/Startup and Recover settings button.

    Foke, Dec 29, 2009
  4. Conrad

    Conrad Guest

    Hi Folks

    Problem solved at last!
    Despite the 'Wake on LAN' being disabled in the BIOS the LAN (it's dual
    gigabyte LAN) advanced property settings
    in Device Manager was still set to Wake on LAN - disabling this did the
    trick.

    In hindsight I should have checked this but I convinced myself it was a
    BIOS issue and never investigated further after the LAN was disabled in the
    BIOS.

    Hopefully this may help someone else and thanks for the previous suggestions
    which may well be relevant to similar situations
    where my oversight doesn't apply.

    Conrad

    Conrad, Jan 11, 2010