    Any of the ABIT newsgroup folks have any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Mike

    Mike, Jul 3, 2004

  2. Mike

    Frunken Guest

    Hello

    I tried to repair my Windows XP installation after I switched
    to the IS7-E (from a EPOX board) - no dice, I got pretty far
    but it failed to install. I didn't bother trial-erroring and
    just removed Winxp from the drive and did a fresh install.
    So I would recommend a fresh install if the repair fails.

    Frunken, Jul 3, 2004

  3. Mike

    TomG Guest

    raise the DDR voltage to 2.7 volts and try again... may require you to
    reinstall XP or at least try the repair procedure again...

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 130,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Jul 3, 2004
  4. Mike

    sp Guest

    im runnign an IS7-E board with a 2.8GHz northwood core P4 800MHz with no
    problems. didn;t have one problem installing xp pro and it's still running
    fine. Try a clean install. although looking at the graphics card i can see
    a problem. I am currently running an old geforce 2 pro with 64MB RAM and i
    have had no problems. I then bought a geforce FX5200 128MB RAM. After i
    installed it i had a blue screen every few hours. I had more blue screens
    in 3 days of having that graphics card then my entire has ever had running
    the geforce 2. I would upgrade the graphics card cause it gave my system
    nothing but grief.

    hope this helps

    sp

    sp, Jul 8, 2004