Abit IS7-E Motherboard problem

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Tokke, Dec 14, 2003.

  1. Tokke

    Tokke Guest

    I recently bought an Abit IS7-E motherboard, a Intel Pentium 4 2,6 Ghz
    processor, 512 MB DDRAM, FX5200 graphic card and an SATA 80GB hard
    disk.
    After i assembled everything and try the boot the computer all it does
    is making loud beeps.

    Beeep pause beeep pause ... ...

    It keeps doing this as long as the computer is on.
    I dont think this are bios beeps because it stays beeping and doesn"t
    stop.
    It tried to disconnect everything from the mainboard except the
    processor but this doesnt change a thing.

    Anyone has an idea what the problem could be?

    Thx in advance

    Tom

    Tokke, Dec 14, 2003

  2. Tokke

    TomG Guest

    beeps like that are usually related to video or memory issues. be
    absolutely sure that the video card is seating all the way in the slot and
    that the case is not somehow holding the video card up at the back end or
    otherwise causing the video card to fail to seat correctly.

    also, be sure that you have the ram firmly seated in the slots and are using
    slots 1 & 3 or 2 & 4 in pairs. if you have a single stick, then just start
    with slot 1. if problems continue, then I would pull the board out of the
    case and try powering it back up on a safe work surface with cpu, ram and
    video installed but no other devices or connections except power. be sure
    you are using both the ATX power connection and the AUX (4-pin) connection
    to power the board. manually short the power on pins with the board out of
    the case as above and see what you get.

    personal opinion, the beeps *are* bios beeps.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com