    appreciated as usual.

    Cheers

    Mikey

    Dirk, Aug 16, 2003

  2. Dirk

    Homie Guest

    It's a surface mount resistor and it sounds like you were very lucky and that the
    resistor just over-heated, if the resistor was actually -open- the board wouldn't work
    properly or at the very least would lock-up with certain functions / tasks.
    Does the resistor look intact or does it look like bubbled charcoal in the center?
    If it is still intact, there should be 3 or 4 digits on it, can you read the digits?
    (some smd's only have 1 digit... " O " , those are fuses).
    How come when I do somethin stupid like that, it blows the shit outta everything and
    starts the house and dog on fire?
    :)

    Gary

    --
    Mainboards, Videocards & CPU pin repair.

    http://motherboardrepair.com

    Hello There

    I have the original Abit IT7 P4 Mobo Rev 1.0

    I rather foolishly didnt put memory back in correctly one night after
    testing someone elses and upon powering up, blew a component..... Now the
    board still seems to be functioning properly but obviously reluctlant to
    leave this board running in case of problems. The component that blew is
    just to the right of capacitor EC13.. either MC27 or R72.. small black
    square..

    Anyone that has any info or advice with regards to this.... greatly
    appreciated as usual.

    Cheers

    Mikey

    Homie, Aug 16, 2003

  3. Dirk

    Dirk Guest

    Hello mate

    Thanks for your reply... The actual component number on the board is D3
    the numbers on the chip are SK32B.

    The component has blown i think. as it is almost split in two....

    Cheers

    Mikey

    Dirk, Aug 17, 2003
  4. Dirk

    John Lewis Guest

    It is a 3amp 20V schottky diode.

    According to the data sheet it is available from the
    manufacturers/importers Micro Commercial Components, CA
    Phone 818-701-4933

    I have emailed the data sheet to the OP, with the usual warnings
    about getting the polarity right and using the right tools/experience
    for surface-mount boards.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Aug 17, 2003
  5. Dirk

    Homie Guest

    Hi John,
    If you could, e-mail me ...I need all the info I can find on SMD's and the mystery of
    the code...

    Gary (Homie)

    Homie, Aug 18, 2003