Abit KA7-100 _ Mouse Pointer frozen after Boot.( Win XP Pro.)

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Denis Regan, Jul 29, 2003.

  1. Denis Regan

    Denis Regan Guest

    I am running Win XP Pro on an Abit KA7-100 board with an Athlon 700
    CPU. WD-80GB HDD.

    A few weeks ago I upped the memory with a 512 stick of Crucial memory
    to 1 GB of SDRAM. Everything was fine.

    A couple of days ago the onboard RAM was reported as being only 512
    MB. I reseated the memory modules without any effect.

    Overnight, problems appeared. The principal one being that the mouse
    pointer is frozen in the centre of the screen.

    The mouse is a Logitech MX700 cordless optical mouse.

    I reinstalled the Logitech software without effect and attempted to
    reconnect the mouse with the base station. Result : No apparent
    effect.

    The pointer is still frozen, after several reboots.

    I propose to take out the memory and reseat it.

    Is the order in which the memory banks are populated significant ?

    Any ideas or suggestions will be gratefully received !

    T.I.A.

    __________________
    KentishDen

    Denis Regan, Jul 29, 2003

  2. Denis Regan

    GH Guest

    Go to Homies' website and you will find lots of info.
    I suggest looking at all the capacitors on the board ( especialy those
    along the back of the processor slot. You likely have one or more
    bulging and or leaking black tar looking compound on the board.

    I gave up on my board and went to a KX7. Faster and 3000% more stable.
    I still may go back and repair (or have Homie do it ) the board(s) .

    GH

    GH, Jul 30, 2003