Abit KG7-Raid and continous boot beeps. Question

Discussion in 'Abit' started by jdc1, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. jdc1

    jdc1 Guest

    I solved the problem, but have a question about if this will re-occur.

    I had this system in storage for about a week. Before then everything
    was fine when I stored it. I took out the video card while it was stored
    (used it in another pc). I put it back after storage. I got loop beeps.
    (has nothing to do with video card).

    I didn't know what else to do so I pulled the main psu cable connector
    to the mb out and then plugged it back in. Booted fine.

    I've got it now offline waiting to be sold. I'll power it up after a
    few days to see if this problem repeats. I hope it doesn't.

    I figured out later via internet that loop beeps are a memory problem or
    a connection problem (continous loop beeps). In my case, it has to have
    been a connection problem.

    Any reason why this occured? Could it be a dead cmos battery, or maybe
    a psu thing? (I used a rather cheapo psu for it, but its AMD recommended
    and 350w). Why would just pulling out the connector and plugging it
    back in solve the problem? I'll wonder 5 days from now if it happens
    again. I thought I'd get a head start.

    jdc1, Jul 10, 2003

  2. I'm wondering how you thought of doing that as the first thing.
    Did it look like it was not properly in place?
    Did you mess with the cable when you took out the video card?

    Jens C. Hansen [Odense], Jul 10, 2003

  3. jdc1

    jdc1 Guest

    I waited 3 days and fired it up. No problem whatsoever. I'll try waiting
    5 days this time :)
    Thanks. I'll report back if same thing happens. Even tho this tread
    will be kinda old by then.
    Only other thing it could have been is static. I took a Cinch Sak white
    plastic garbage bag to cover case. It was a damn tight fit sliding it
    down. Maybe the static from bag affected the system. Maybe not.

    jdc1

    jdc1, Jul 13, 2003