abit KG7-RAID - how high can i go w/ a new Athlon XP cpu?

Discussion in 'Abit' started by matt del vecchio, Nov 24, 2003.

  1. time to upgrade the old pc...

    this mobo has been discontinued, but on abit's site it says it lists:

    - AMD Socket A Athlon XP Palomino (0.18 micron process) up to 2100+
    - AMD Socket A Athlon XP Thoroughbred (0.13 micron process) up to
    2000+

    ....so, any idea how high that is? the only BIOS firmware update seems
    to be for hard drives, not cpus.

    i take it an Athlon 2600 XP shouldnt be a problem.. tho do i want the
    333FSB ver or the 266... im thinking 266 because my specs say its a
    133FSB board.

    tho why would the 266 be higher on pricewatch!? 266 is $115, 333 is
    $87!

    thanks,
    matt

    matt del vecchio, Nov 24, 2003

  2. matt del vecchio

    Wes Newell Guest

    That's offically. There's many running faster cpu's than this. See link
    below. A 2400+ works well in it.

    Wes Newell, Nov 24, 2003

  3. matt del vecchio

    0_Qed Guest

    :) ... " That's offically. "

    For the longest 'time' now ...
    I've had an empty slot in my fancy bookcase ...
    I keep dusting "it" ... keeping "it" clean & ready ...
    'ready' & =waiting= for a "Book" to magically appear ...

    Theres a distinct 'possibility' I'll get my "Book" ...
    altho ...
    I suspect the probability of "getting" is unknown,
    possibly 'small',
    then too ... maybe infinitisimal.
    Thats a 'drismal' prospect for 'me' to hold ... I must say.

    Oh Well,
    Qed.

    0_Qed, Nov 24, 2003
  4. matt del vecchio

    Wes Newell Guest

    If you're waiting on a book from me, I'd say you were wasting your time
    and space. I hate writing.:)

    Wes Newell, Nov 24, 2003
  5. matt del vecchio

    John Eckart Guest

    Update your BIOS.
    Install a 2400+.
    Set the CPU speed to fastest (2200+ I think).
    Save settings and it will boot as a 2400+.

    John Eckart, Dec 16, 2003