ABIT KT7 - A9 BIOS - Must pull cord to POST after BIOS Upgrade [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Abit' started by dr, Sep 10, 2005.

  1. dr

    dr Guest

    Mates,

    BACKGROUND:

    I successfully upgraded the bios on my kt7 motherboard to the A9 bios,
    but it will not POST on *reboot* unless I pull the power cord. (no video, no
    nothing). After plugging the cord back in it would boot fine.

    SOLUTION:

    Before reverting back to a previous bios, I thought I would flash with
    A9 once again. Same procedure, EXCEPT, after the bios flash was completed
    and the message "Hit [F1] to Resume" came up. I *didn't* hit [F1] but
    instead pulled the power cord at that point. Cleared the CMOS. Rebooted,
    entered setup, reconfigured, saved, ... and then to my great surprise, ...
    the system came right back up!

    Hope this helps some other poor soul. When it says hit [F1] ---
    Don't --- just pull the cord!

    David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
    510 Ochiltree Street
    Nacogdoches, Texas 75961
    (936) 715-9333
    (936) 715-9339 fax
    www.rankinlawfirm.com

    dr, Sep 10, 2005

  2. dr

    - HAL9000 Guest

    Good research...

    That almost sounds like you never really got a good cmos reset.
    Perhaps pulling the battery is necessary? Was the time and date
    resetting on cmos reset?

    Forrest

    Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
    http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

    - HAL9000, Sep 10, 2005

  3. dr

    Conor Guest

    No but turning off the mains supply is as the motherboard is still
    powered otherwise and the CMOS settings remain.

    Conor, Sep 10, 2005
  4. dr

    dr Guest

    Yes, that's the weird part. Functionally. There was no difference in the
    bios or board function that resulted from the different flashes. CMOS clock
    was reset each time to the A9 bios date of 7/?/2002. I think it's 7/11.
    Regardless, the only difference was the ability to reboot without having to
    pull the cord. Go figure???

    David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
    510 Ochiltree Street
    Nacogdoches, Texas 75961