    CPU Athlon XP 1600 running at 10,5x100 work.temp =46 - 51 C
    BIOS A9
    Thanks

    pit, Jun 20, 2005

  2. pit

    - HAL9000 Guest

    This behavior is usually indicative of a power supply problem. If the
    psu is weak, or has become weak, it will take it longer to startup.
    Hence the reset button cure.

    If you are thrifty (many people are) just wait till the psu eventually
    dies. It is possible, albeit rare, for the psu to kill the
    motherboard when the psu goes out - so there is some risk in waiting
    for it to die.

    Forrest

    Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
    http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

    - HAL9000, Jun 20, 2005

  3. pit

    pit Guest

    - HAL9000 napisał(a):
    Thanks for this suggestion
    I'll check this

    pit, Jun 21, 2005
  4. pit

    tony Guest

    Kt-7 common problems -- are leaking capcitors.

    please check if you have 'flat" top of the capacitors.

    if it's round'y top ,, board soon will be dead ,, or worst.

    ps /it was a problem on my old Kt7

    tony, Jul 4, 2005
  5. pit

    Luke Curtis Guest

    firstly the 1600 should be running at 133x10.5 not 100x10.5.

    The problem maybe due to a hardware incompatibility, the KT7a revision
    1.0, 1.1 & 1.2 certainly had a problem where the hardware timings on
    the board would freeze up due to changes in the design between the
    Athlon and Athlon XP CPU, however this only affected cold boot so if
    it locks up on a cold boot just press the reset button and it would
    boot fine and work perfectly.

    This is the KT7a board, I don't know if the KT7 was the same.

    -
    ButIstillneedtoknowwhat'sinthere! Thekeytoanysecurity
    systemishowit'sdesigned! Thatdependsonwhyitwasdesigned!
    Ihavetoknowwhatwhoeverdesigneditwastryingtoprotect!
    (Blakes 7, City on the Edge of the World - Vila in typical panic mode)

    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

    Luke Curtis, Jul 9, 2005
  6. pit

    Bird Janitor Guest

    Luke Curtis wrote:

    | firstly the 1600 should be running at 133x10.5 not 100x10.5.
    |

    | The problem maybe due to a hardware incompatibility, the KT7a revision
    | 1.0, 1.1 & 1.2 certainly had a problem where the hardware timings on
    | the board would freeze up due to changes in the design between the
    | Athlon and Athlon XP CPU, however this only affected cold boot so if
    | it locks up on a cold boot just press the reset button and it would
    | boot fine and work perfectly.
    |
    | This is the KT7a board, I don't know if the KT7 was the same.

    Hi Luke -

    The FSB of the KT7 is 100 MHz, unlike the 133 MHz KT7A.

    Jef

    Bird Janitor, Jul 9, 2005