    any success. Sure would appreciate any suggestions.
    Thanks
    Zork

    Zork, Sep 23, 2003

  2. Sebastian Schlereth, Sep 23, 2003

  3. Zork

    Chris Guest

    I presume you mean an Athlon XP 1700+ running at 1.47GHz?
    I don't know what you mean by this. IIRC the KT7 is designed to support
    upto 1.4GHz Athlons (non-XP).
    The Via KT133 chipset which this mobo uses will only run the fsb at
    100Mhz and so the board will only 'support' cpus with 100Mhz fsb (200MHz
    DDR) like the standard athlon. The Athlon XP is a 133Mhz chip. However,
    lots of people on this ng are running XPs quite successfully on this
    board but at higher multiplier than normal to achieve roughly the
    correct speed of the chip. Search for any message by Wes Newell; he's
    got a link full of info.

    BTW to get the most up to date bios go to the abit website: www.abit.com.tw

    HTH
    Chris.