Abit KT7 Raid - no beeps, no boot screen , no anything ---IT'S WORKING NOW!!!!!!, and guess how?

Discussion in 'Abit' started by funkyfan, Jan 3, 2004.

  1. funkyfan

    funkyfan Guest

    yep, its me again.

    remember this?

    here's the setup ,,,,,

    Abit KT7 Raid
    nvidia 64mb video
    amd 1000 ghz
    256 mb ram pc 133

    thats the basic , processor works in another board, video card works
    in another pc.

    racked my brain trying to figure this out.

    done everything possible, I think.

    cleared cmos,
    reseated the video and processor.

    tried different power supply.

    is there something i'm missing?

    even tried formatted hard drives.

    even tried pc100 memory.

    remember, no beeps, no blips, no boot screen.

    the monitor works.

    a friend of mine tried the board in his case and shazam!! it works. we
    switched it back to my case; nothing. back to his case, it works.

    I never thought of trying a different case.

    thanks to all who gave comments.

    funkyfan, Jan 3, 2004

  2. funkyfan

    Wes Newell Guest

    Did you ever think of trying a new power supply?

    Wes Newell, Jan 3, 2004

  3. funkyfan

    Larry Gagnon Guest

    Well, I would beg borrow or steal a multimeter (VOM) and test your PS
    voltages first. If they seem reasonable to expected then it is possible the
    bottom or top PCB tracks of your M/B are shorting against something. Have
    you double-checked that the mounting studs for the M/B are all in the
    correct spot (ie no studs where they shouldn't be), because perhaps you are
    tightening down the MB against a stud and shorting some tracks??

    Just an idea....

    Larry Gagnon A+ cert tech.

    Larry Gagnon, Jan 3, 2004
  4. funkyfan

    funkyfan Guest

    that was the first thing i did. i bought a 500 watt supply. then I
    tried another video card, tried different memory, different hard
    drives, then a new mb.

    After I thought everything over, I never would have guess on a surge.
    I had this case for about 3 yrs. The mb about 2 yrs.

    I am no expert, but as I said before, I tried everything but a
    different case.

    I even said a few prayers.

    funkyfan, Jan 3, 2004
  5. funkyfan

    GlassVial Guest

    a friend of mine tried the board in his case and shazam!! it works. we
    Yeah if it wasn't the p/s then I'd agree with Larry in saying that the
    board was probably shorting on your case somewhere. Whenever I mount
    a board I'm always very careful as to how it's mounted to assure it's
    not grounding out and I still like to use the old "red washers" when I
    screw it down.

    -GV

    GlassVial, Jan 4, 2004