    order from the manufacturer? Is there a better one than what ABIT put on
    there?

    Thanks, Jeff.

    Jeffrey Mulliken, Aug 11, 2004

  2. Jeffrey Mulliken

    Marcus Guest

    Jeff,

    If you're interested for the cost of postage and jiffy bag, should yours
    fail, I have one I stripped of a killed KV7 board.

    But in answer to the question, I've not know of early death of this fan with
    one exception, and that was a case of the "kid", 19yrs old going on 9,
    leaving side of the case off to keep it cool, but his long haired cat
    shedding her hair in close proximity to the unit, so not only was the
    NorthBridge fan smothered so was the CPU and the Graphics card.

    Re:

    Marcus

    Marcus, Aug 11, 2004

  3. Jeffrey Mulliken

    Geoff Guest

    You're not on your own, my second NB fan has just packed up on me after 3
    months (that's two in six months). If you want to stick with the ABIT fan,
    ABIT will supply you with a replacement (if your board is still under
    warranty) just send them a self-addressed (with postage of course) jiffy bag
    and your board serial number and they will send you a replacement (well ABIT
    UK do - presume it's the same for other countries).

    If you want a better one than the ABIT fan have a look at www.microcool.it
    for the North Pole Northbridge Cooler set. Ordered one on Sunday, got it
    yesterday. Don't know whether it will last any longer than the ABIT fan but
    it is on a substantial heatsink and the fan itself could be replaced without
    the need to dismantle the motherboard. An added bonus is that my system temp
    has dropped by a few degrees.

    HTH

    Geoff

    Geoff, Aug 12, 2004
  4. Jeffrey Mulliken

    maggot Guest

    Abit wouldn't send me a replacement fan. They expected me to dismantle
    my PC and send them the mb so they could fit the stinkin' fan
    themselves. Bunch of nutjobs.

    maggot, Aug 12, 2004
  5. Jeffrey Mulliken

    borolad Guest

    Abit wouldn't send me a replacement fan. They expected me to dismantle
    No, Noooooooooooooooooooooooo, not again !

    WorracryinsadrelenlesslyinepttwatyouareM8
    BoroLad

    borolad, Aug 12, 2004
  6. Jeffrey Mulliken

    maggot Guest

    Better plonk me then because I'm going to keep whining, at least until
    I switch out the mb for an Asus.

    maggot, Aug 13, 2004
  7. Jeffrey Mulliken

    0_Qed Guest

    Yessssssssssssssssssssssss, yet agin !!

    ??
    Do I see two(2) sets of "lips" ... each 'purposeful' ???

    XXOO
    Qed.

    0_Qed, Aug 13, 2004
  8. Jeffrey Mulliken

    borolad Guest

    Never K/F anyone in all my years and you won't be the first. You
    started quite properly with a complaint, then a whine, then an all out
    'cry baby'.

    Now however you are a troll by any definition :
    http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame29.html

    As others have begged you to go to ASUS, I to will add my name to the
    list of those who would wish to see the last of you. Yes please, go
    and pollute another group, leave us in peace.

    You must be the only man in the great big round world who could not
    get a free 10p adda fan from Abit . . . . wonder why that was ?

    BoroLad

    borolad, Aug 13, 2004
  9. Jeffrey Mulliken

    maggot Guest

    Because they are dickheads. It's as simple as that.

    maggot, Aug 13, 2004
  10. Jeffrey Mulliken

    maggot Guest

    Let me clarify that. The person that was assigned to deal with my
    request is a dickhead. Shit happens.

    maggot, Aug 13, 2004