Abit KV8-MAX3 + Serial ATA + WinXP 64bit Beta

Discussion in 'Abit' started by ipgm, Jul 2, 2004.

  1. ipgm

    ipgm Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm trying to install the Windows XP 64bit Beta in my newly built PC:

    Abit KV8-MAX3
    OEM retail boxed Athlon 64 3200+
    512 Mb PC3200 RAM
    DiamondMax Plus9 200 Gb Serial ATA drive

    As WinXP doesn't recognise the SATA drive out of the box, I hit F6
    when it boots off the CD and feed it the VIA SATA driver disk when it
    asks for it. It then shows a list with drivers and I select the VIA
    RAID driver for XP. It then says: "The file \via\winXP\viasraid.sys is
    corrupted" and it stops the installation. Thinking there was a problem
    with the floppy that came with the m/b, I've downloaded the driver
    from the Abit website. Same problem. Then I tried with another floppy
    drive. Same problem. Also tried the driver for Win2k. Same message.

    Any clues ?

    Ivan

    ipgm, Jul 2, 2004

  2. ipgm

    Wes Newell Guest

    You need the 64bit driver, not the standard version. Don't know where or
    if it's available, I don't have this board. Look for 64bit drivers on the
    cd/floppies that came with it. SIS has the drivers on their website. Maybe
    VIA does too.

    Wes Newell, Jul 2, 2004

  3. ipgm

    ipgm Guest

    Thanks a lot ! Got it working now..

    I found the 64 bit driver on planetamd64.com

    ipgm, Jul 3, 2004