    thought I will proberly end up changing the board for an NF7-S and a
    2800+.

    --

    Guest, Oct 2, 2003

  2. The version v1.0 board does not support the 2200+ it will work with any
    other cpu up to 2600+ if you set it up manually. It won't support the 2800+
    due to the lack of a 13.5 multiplier :(

    David Leadley, Oct 3, 2003

  3. Guest

    Wes Newell Guest

    MB's don't have any multipliers. They're defined on the cpu. And the XP
    multipliers go up to 24x. And he can get a 13.5 multiplier on the KX7-333.
    One just needs to know how. That said, his best option (at least easiest)
    would be a 2500+ Barton set to 12.5x166 or 2083MHz which is a 2800+. I've
    heard of some running the FSB much faster than that on this board, so it's
    possible he could get the speed up quite a bit more by raising the FSB
    past 166.

    Wes Newell, Oct 3, 2003
  4. CPU surgery? or Running the CPU at exotic fsb?

    That said, his best option (at least easiest)
    Errm no, 12.5x166 gives you 2075MHz in BIOS and 2083MHz in Windows - I know,
    splitting hairs :)

    And it's a 2600+ (333MHz) at that speed. I know, 'cos that's what I'm
    running here. The BIOS shows it as Athlon XP 2075MHz. Windows and CPU-Z
    report 2600+ ;)
    True, although he may have a problem with AGP/PCI bus being run out of spec.
    Really depends on what's plugged in. As I'm sure you know, some devices are
    very unreliable if the bus speed is too high.

    Cool! I couldn't get anything higher than a 1400 to work reliably in my old
    KT7A-R. So congrats to you for getting the extra mileage out of this board.

    David Leadley, Oct 4, 2003
  5. Guest

    - HAL9000 Guest

    Right-ee-oh...

    Additionally, you need PC2700 RAM as well as you can't set the FSB to
    166 unless you have memory that will run at 166 MHz (333 DDR). Also
    must set divider to 5:2:1.

    My FSB is 187 MHz and am using a Duron 1G processor, Kingston HyperX
    PC3000 memory at CL2.

    Forrest

    Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
    http://home.comcast.net/~hal-9000/

    - HAL9000, Oct 4, 2003
  6. Guest

    Wes Newell Guest

    Chabging the FSB won't change the multiplier, and cpu surgery isn't needed
    either.
    Er, yes. 12.5x166 is actually 12.5x166.67 (nominal). Use your calculator.
    I just assumed everyone knew that.
    A Barton core run at 2083MHz is rated as a 2800+. You are either wrong, or
    your bios is wrong. Now a Tbred core run at 12.5x166 is rated as a 2600+.
    But we're not talking about a tbred core.
    It's not magic.

    Wes Newell, Oct 5, 2003
  7. What then? Please explain, I'd really like to know :)
    hehe now who's splitting hairs? - btw my BIOS obviously doesn't like
    fractions that require a vinculum - thankfully, Windows saves the day, and
    gives me back my missing MHz ;)
    Oops! Sorry, I was referring to my tbred 2600+ I missed the magic "Barton"
    word :)
    Maybe not but there's also luck involved sometimes ;)

    Regards

    David

    David Leadley, Oct 6, 2003
  8. Guest