Abit KX7-333R coldboot problem

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Boerge, Nov 27, 2003.

  1. Boerge

    Boerge Guest

    Hi!

    I have a serious problem with this motherboard.
    Wenn i start the computer it boots straight into the operating system
    (Testet: Linux & WinXP sp1)
    After a while the screen gets black, comes back - this up to ten times -
    then the computer restarts and run after this rock stable.
    I can avoid this when i start the computer and reboot it shortly after
    it reaches the desktop.
    I really have no clue, what it is.
    I gave up...
    Any idea? Any solution?

    Here the components:

    Abit KX7-333R
    Athlon 2100XP
    2x512MB Infineon ddr-ram 2100, cl2
    Geforce2 mx noname graphicadapter
    IDE-Harddisk
    FLOPPY-disk
    Enermax EG465AX-VE 460watt

    More info on request

    Boerge, Nov 27, 2003

  2. Boerge

    GH Guest

    Hmmm, interesting.
    I just stuck in a Geforce MMX440 in my KX7-333.
    On initial boots it got to the desktop but the screen was black.
    I did notice the Windoze splash screen flashed twice.
    So far though after install from ssafe mode, all seems ok.

    KX7-333
    XP1700+
    512MB PC2700 ram
    Geforce MX440 ( MadDog) 64MB