    Mitch

    IS7-G
    P4 2.6GHz

    Steve MITCHAM, Jul 26, 2003

  2. Hi Tom,

    Sorry to be a pain, I've tried to flash the bios but it appears to be taking
    ages. The message box just appears to be flashing : 'Please wait' It's been
    like that for about 10 minutes. Is that normal?

    I've presently gt two devices on IDE 2 which show up in the bios and
    unforunately the hard drive still isn't showing up on the system.
    Can you help?

    Thanks in advance.

    Mitch

    Steve MITCHAM, Jul 26, 2003

  3. flashing should take about 30-40 seconds

    Paul Landregan, Jul 26, 2003
  4. Tom,
    How do you set the SATA to enhanced? I can't find it in the manual.

    Steve MITCHAM, Jul 26, 2003
  5. Steve MITCHAM

    TomG Guest

    no, it is not normal. a bios flash barely takes a minute...

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 115,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Jul 27, 2003
  6. Steve MITCHAM

    TomG Guest

    that is because the manuals reflect what was in the early bios sets. for
    the IC7 board, they came out with a new soft-copy manual that you can
    download but I have not seen the same for the IS7. then again, I may be
    confusing the IC7 bios settings with the IS7... in the manual, the SATA
    controller would be set to mode 7 which would make SATA 1 = ide 3 and SATA 2
    = ide 4 and the onchip ide controller would be ide 1 & 2. see page 3-13 and
    apologies if I had confused the IC7 bios settings with the IS7.

    TomG, Jul 27, 2003