Abit Nf7-S 2.0 Overclock what can i expect ?

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Paul GoodBar, Apr 24, 2005.

  1. Paul GoodBar

    Paul GoodBar Guest

    I have a mobile 2500.

    At the momment its running at 10x200 2ghz. I have had it at 2.5ghz but
    not stable and even booted into windows at 2.6ghz once :)

    Iam using Ocz ram 2: 2,2,,5 i think in ram timings.

    Just would like to get my cpu at 2.4 or 2.5 stable. So what bios would
    you recommend i just have the latest Abit one for that board.

    Thanks.

    /ps don't want to do any voltage mods or risky stuff like that. And my
    cooling is fine Zlaman copper thing stuck to it BIG.

    Thank you.

    Paul GoodBar, Apr 24, 2005

  2. Paul GoodBar

    andy Guest

    andy, Apr 24, 2005

  3. Paul GoodBar

    Doug Guest

    I've just finished experimenting w/nearly this exact same config (I've got a
    Mobile Athlon 2600+ though). I don't know if it's because I'm using the
    stock BIOS, but I can't get my NF7s v2.0 o'er 200Mhz regardless of CPU
    speed. I need to max my chipset voltage to even get the system stable @
    200Mhz FSB. I've got 2x512MB of Kingston Hyperx running @ 2-3-2-11 and
    2.6VRAM. My Mobile Athlon is stable @ 2600Mhz (13x200Mhz) and 1.93V Vcore.
    I've got a Thermalright SLK900u cooling it. If you crank up your chipset
    voltage you might want to get a heatsink for the South Bridge/MCP-T chip.

    Doug, Apr 25, 2005
  4. Paul GoodBar

    Paul GoodBar Guest

    Andy what settings multiplier and FSB was used to get that ?

    Paul GoodBar, Apr 26, 2005
  5. Paul GoodBar

    Doug Guest

    I'm using a 13x multiplier, 1.93V Vcore and 200Mhz FSB. The only thing that
    worries me is that my CPU under load can get up to 56 degrees celsius. This
    is when the ambient temp is 23 degrees celsius. The summer will be the real
    stress test for this setup.

    Make sure you've got a good heatsink and fan. I've got a Thermalright
    SLK900U (which isn't even the best available, I think the Thermalright SP97
    [the one w/the heatpipes] is better).

    Doug, Apr 26, 2005
  6. Paul GoodBar

    Paul GoodBar Guest

    My Zalman is keeping mine at 35c at them Momment :)

    Though it is only at 1.75volts.

    Paul GoodBar, Apr 26, 2005
  7. Paul GoodBar

    andy Guest

    hi,

    mine is at 240x10.5 any higher and it gets abit flaky i am using 1024 pc4000
    ballistix

    2.5,3,3,6

    andy, Apr 26, 2005
  8. Paul GoodBar