    Can anyone tell me the difference? The SL is 7 Euro more expensive, but is
    not listed on the Abit site.
    Thanx

    Josef Varela, Jun 1, 2004

  2. Josef Varela

    rms Guest

    Can anyone tell me the difference? The SL is 7 Euro more expensive, but is
    The SL should be *less* I believe, and doesn't include the Serriel I/O
    adaptor.

    rms

    rms, Jun 3, 2004

  3. Josef Varela

    Avenger© Guest

    No such board as an NF7-SL, take a look at the Abit site.

    Avenger©, Jun 3, 2004
  4. Josef Varela

    borolad Guest

    http://www.pc-planet-hamm.de/pdf/141356.pdf

    ABIT NF7-SL, NVIDIA nForce2 Based AMD K7 Mainboard, Serial ATA, Dual
    DDR400, AGP 8X, USB 2.0, On board 10/100Mb, AGP 8X, Serial ATA 150,
    Real-time Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, 6-Channel Audio and S/PDIF Out, 2x
    IEEE 1394 Firewire, No Serrilel

    BoroLad

    borolad, Jun 3, 2004
  5. Josef Varela

    Josef Varela Guest

    How about reading the original post before answering?

    I also would like to know why Abit doesn´t list it...

    Josef Varela, Jun 3, 2004
  6. Josef Varela

    Avenger© Guest

    Don't care what the PDF file says, I'll repeat, there is no such board
    as an SL. Take a look at the Abit website yourself. This PDF is
    obviously WRONG!!!!!!!! It appears the board depicted is an NF7-s
    Version 2.

    Avenger©, Jun 3, 2004
  7. Josef Varela

    borolad Guest

    It is just that without the ' seriell dongle ' I'll be sure to e-mail
    the multi national Abit and tell them they are putting out a *.pdf for
    a board they have not invented / distributed / supported!.

    You assume there is only one country America, and that there is only
    one distribution channel in one language. Europe and it's many diverse
    cultures and languages does exist you know.

    I could but won't post the 20 or so sites my search engine found
    please open both your mind and your browser M8.

    Kind regards, BoroLad

    N.B. there is no need to shout

    borolad, Jun 3, 2004
  8. Josef Varela

    Josef Varela Guest

    Don't care what the PDF file says, I'll repeat, there is no such board
    The SL is not listed on ANY Abit site, though the SL EXISTS and is being
    sold.

    Josef Varela, Jun 4, 2004
  9. Josef Varela

    BigBadger Guest

    I guess you are both right...There is no such 'motherboard' as the
    NF7-SL....but the NF7-S is marketed in the SL package....the only difference
    being that no Serillel converter is included in the 'SL' box....the board is
    the same however

    BigBadger, Jun 4, 2004
  10. Josef Varela

    Avenger© Guest

    You do that!
    Who gives a rats, the board is made by Abit, USA (probably via
    Taiwan), not in Europe. Whether it is distributed from Mars (or
    anywhere else for that matter), the board described in the PDF link is
    an NF-7s manufacture (irrespective of whether it comes with a dongle,
    without a dongle, with whatever.
    I have and I did! Precisely the reason the MOBO is not mentioned on
    the ABIT site as an Abit supported product. The board is (no doubt)
    sold and shipped by Abit as an NF7-s. If someone in Europe decides to
    add something to it, then call it an SL, that doesn't change the fact
    the board is still an NF7-s (hope that explains it a bit better).
    Okay, then open your ears and eyes and listen first time.

    Have a nice day!

    Avenger©, Jun 4, 2004
  11. Josef Varela

    Josef Varela Guest

    How do you explain the SL beeing more expensive?

    Josef Varela, Jun 4, 2004