    _____________________________________

    Matthew Purves , (Deadly_M)
    www.DeadlyM.com

    Deadly_M, Sep 2, 2004

  2. Deadly_M

    Samuria Guest

    On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 23:24:52 +0100, "Deadly_M"

    how much ram do you have?
    windows uses about 500meg of ram including swapfile so you can see you
    need a big chunk of ram to save it.

    Save it to hd and see how big the file is if its 700meg and you have
    only 128 meg ram you can see why it wont work

    Samuria, Sep 3, 2004

  3. Deadly_M

    Al Kaufmann Guest

    The NF7-S motherboard supports ACPI but maybe not all your hardware
    cards support ACPI. I have one PCI network card that I need to
    disable in order to get my system to suspend to ram.

    Ak

    Al Kaufmann, Sep 4, 2004
  4. Deadly_M

    Deadly_M Guest

    I have a 1 Gig of RAM in the system however im not sure that is important
    becuase windows always keeps its swapfile on the disc anyway so any ram
    mapped out to the swap file would just stay on the disc until i started up
    again anyway?

    incidentally my swapfile is not on the boot drive , could this be upsetting
    things ?
    The drawback of having 1 gig seems to be that suspend to disc takes bloody
    ages to save the masses of into the hiberfile!

    The only card in there is a GF6 also tried my old GF4 still no suspend to
    RAM ??
    even tried a bios upgrade.

    Anymore ideas ?

    Deadly_M, Sep 4, 2004
  5. Deadly_M

    JK Guest

    STR works like a dream for me on NF7.
    512 Mb ram, I wake up by any key (I believe thias was the one that
    works best).

    Your power supply has to be acpi comtapatible, as graphisc card and
    all other peripherals.

    best regards

    John

    JK, Sep 4, 2004
  6. Probably asking the obvious here, but did you have your BIOS set to suspend
    to ram before you installed WindowsXP?
    If I recall correctly, you cant just turn on suspend to ram after you have
    already installed WinXP (which is pretty stupid if you ask me).

    DJB

    David J. Boniuk, Sep 10, 2004
  7. Deadly_M

    Deadly_M Guest

    I think it was set at suspend to disc
    however im sure i've played with both settings before and switched between
    them on previous motherboards .
    ???

    Deadly_M, Sep 11, 2004