    I read on an anandtech article that CPU interface can cause instability.
    Would turning off CPU interface allow higher overclocks (on either the FSB,
    memory or CPU)?

    Doug, Nov 10, 2005

  2. Doug

    farmuse Guest

    check pcper.com forums, the answer is there

    farmuse, Nov 11, 2005

  3. Doug

    0_Qed Guest

    I'm a hydromatic 'type' ... shiftless & no_account.

    Pray 'tell' ... tell "us" your version.

    Kinda looks like its a CPU op_parameter basher. Yes ?

    dunno, dont got 'one'.

    Qed.

    0_Qed, Nov 11, 2005
  4. Doug

    Dave Guest

    Very little difference if the FSB is under 200MHz, other than very slightly
    higher benchmark scores that could also be put down to error variation in
    the bench prog.

    I had my XP2000 (12.5x133 std) at 10.5x205 (limit of RAM) and noticed no
    differences with it on or off.

    From what I read in the forums, it seemed to affect the v1.x boards more
    than the v2.0 boards and then when going above 205-215 FSB.

    Experiment, that is the only to find out.

    Dave

    Dave, Nov 13, 2005
  5. Doug

    Doug Guest

    There was an extensive test done by someone on the Nforcers (I think it's
    Nforcershq.com) forums. W.R.T. CPU interface he noted the following: " Since
    the 6-8% gain of memory efficiency (as described earlier) for memory
    bandwidth w/ CPU interface enable would be equivalent to 12-18 MHz at the
    level of 200 MHz FSB. A lower FSB with higher memory efficiency may be
    better than a higher FSB with lower memory efficiency for both memory
    bandwidth performance and stability (chipset, memory controller, memory, CPU
    FSB interface). "

    Doug, Nov 16, 2005
  6. Doug

    KG Guest

    Could someone enlighten me as to what the CPU interface (on off switch) is and does? I have a new
    NF7 V2 and a unlocked XP2500 setting in a closet for a winter project.
    Thank You

    A true compassionate liberal anarchist.

    To reply to this email please remove the AT
    after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.

    KG, Nov 17, 2005