    pigdos Guest

    Can the NF7s v2.0 control fan speed? I doubt it, but I thought I would ask
    anyway.

    pigdos, Jul 15, 2006

  2. No, but you can buy fans with rheostats. The fan speed on my cpu is
    controlled by a rheostat that comes out at the back.

    I found the best way to cool my system is to leave off the side cover
    of the case and then I can turn the fan as quiet as possible. My
    compute is in a left corner so nothing open can be seen. :)

    Al

    Alfred Kaufmann, Jul 15, 2006

  3. pigdos

    pigdos Guest

    Doesn't leaving the case cover off result in a lot of dust in the system?

    pigdos, Jul 16, 2006
  4. Not as far as I have noticed and my case has 4 case fans as well as
    the 2 fans in the power supply. I do know with the cover off my case
    and cpu is at least 5C cooler and oddly enough quieter too because off
    the lower cpu fan rpm.

    Al

    Alfred Kaufmann, Jul 16, 2006
  5. pigdos

    April Guest

    Yes, using ABIT EQ's "Smart Fan" option. My CPU fan runs at reduced
    speed until a threshold temp is reached, then full speed kicks in.

    April, Jul 16, 2006
  6. pigdos

    pigdos Guest

    Does ABIT EQ work with the NF7s v2.0 though? I don't have any chip on my
    Nf7s v2.0 that says microchip guru on it.

    pigdos, Jul 18, 2006
  7. pigdos

    Marche Guest

    ABIT EQ version 1.230 works with my NF7 v2.
    Try abiteq_1.230w.zip from
    ftp://ftp.abit.com.tw/pub/download/utilities/abiteq/

    ABIT EQ version 1.231 works too, but may have a virus in it. Avast says
    so, anyway.

    ABIT EQ version 1.232 does not work correctly with my NF7. This version
    shows a "uGuru" logo on the main screen, maybe it's okay with the AN7 board.

    Marche, Jul 18, 2006
  8. pigdos

    Rogerb

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    abit fan speed control

    Hey guys I have downloaded a program called Speedfan that controls temps/speeds(free ware). It seems to do a very good job. Download from Major Geek.

    Rogerb, Sep 5, 2006