    The NF7s v2.0 allows for changing the speed of the AGP bus. Does this change
    in AGP bus speed result in a higher PCI bus speed? I'd think so, but if
    anyone has any definite information I'd love to hear it.

    pigdos, Feb 7, 2006

  2. The PCI bus speed is tied into the FSB. The AGP bus setting does not affect
    the PCI bus setting.

    David J. Boniuk, Feb 15, 2006

  3. pigdos

    pigdos Guest

    That can't be right. I had always heard on the NF7s v2.0 that the PCI/AGP
    bus speed was NOT tied to the FSB at all.

    pigdos, Feb 15, 2006
  4. pigdos

    - HAL9000 Guest

    The manual warns about setting the FSB too high can cause the PCI bus
    to operate out of spec. AFAIK, only the AGP is independent from the
    others and nothing else. I think the whole idea of that is to have
    additional and independent control over over-clocking your video card.

    Forrest

    Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
    http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

    - HAL9000, Feb 16, 2006
  5. pigdos

    pigdos Guest

    Where, specifically, in the NF7S v2.0 manual does it state this? It doesn't
    state this ANYWHERE in the two manuals I have for the NF7 and NF7S versions
    2.0. It does state that: "setting the working frequency higher than the
    specifications of PCI or of processor may cause abnormal memory module
    functioning, system hangs, hard drive data loss, abnormal functioning of the
    VGA card, or abnormal functioning with other add-on cards." But this doesn't
    state that the PCI bus speed is any way tied to the FSB...

    pigdos, Feb 17, 2006
  6. pigdos

    - HAL9000 Guest

    Yea, that's what I read. Sure sounds like one influences the other to
    me. The (warning) effect is consistent.

    It also doesn't specifically state that the fsb and pci are not
    related.

    I happen to be looking through a a64 manual. Are you asking this
    because of something, in regards to the fsb and pci buses, you've seen
    in a64 motherboards?

    - HAL9000, Feb 17, 2006