    experience with ABIT?
    BTW, on a hunch it would take a long time I bought an ASUS P4P800, and
    am very happy with it.

    Mike Stallings, Aug 23, 2003

  2. Mike Stallings

    John Guest

    That is a long time but thats why they have that express delivery
    option and the option to send you one before they even get yours if
    you give them $150 as collateral through paypal.

    Yeah ASUS and ABIT and probably others take forever making warranty
    swaps a joke for most people. Most people cant afford to or dont want
    to have their PC down one month or longer. The only option really is
    to pay that $150 which I did. Takes about 1-2 months to get a check
    back though and Paypal charges you $7 to transfer the amount from your
    credit card so actually you pay $157 and get $150 back. You also pay
    for shipping your MB there and another extra $ to get faster shipping
    back. But to Abits credit they do offer this service which many others
    dont -your stuck with a looooong waiting period and they also are very
    flexible about warranty swaps - missing invoices, etc etc though they
    charge extra for various deviations from their rules they still offer
    swaps for extra $$.

    I paid the first time - but since I got another wonky board as a
    replacement , Im sending this second board back the normal way since I
    ordered the ASUS Nforce2 deluxe board.

    John, Aug 24, 2003