    the book say's up to 1ghz,,,

    thanks

    Bob Smith

    Bob Smith, Feb 2, 2005

  2. Of course.
    The fastest officially supported CPU is the Pentium!!! 1GHz at 133MHz
    front-side bus speed. However, you can also drop the (comparatively rare)
    1.1GHz at 100MHz part straight in. Yes, I know this one has a faster clock
    speed than the 1.0@133, but its slower bus means slower overall system
    performance.

    Unofficially, via some DIY work or one of the adapters that are (were)
    available, you can slot in any of the "Tualatin" 0.13 micron CPU's,
    including Celerons with 256K of L2 cache, and the 512K Pentium!!!-S up to
    1.4GHz.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Richard Hopkins, Feb 2, 2005

  3. Bob Smith

    Bob Smith Guest

    Hi Richard,

    I guess I should have emailed you directly because I thought you might
    answer... I trust your decisiions

    I was also looking at the 1.4ghz/133 PIII for this m/b , but hadn't
    seen anyone using it , so I thought I'd ask. I really don't want to
    drop back to the 1.1ghz/100fsb PIII, your right, it would slow the
    system down.

    I'm building a file-server out of parts and pieces for a friend and
    i'm trying to keep the costs down, that's why i'm using the SA6R
    instead of a newer m/b

    Thanks for the info,, talk to you later,

    Bob Smith
    NA6T
    Robert Smith Consulting
    Fort Bragg, California