    - ?
    but now i have modulated sound like a siren and donk'k know what this mean
    Please help !

    Diodak, Apr 19, 2004

  2. Diodak

    ICee Guest

    Hi, Diodak. The siren sound indicates a heat problem. It usually
    happens when the CPU is overheated. Check the heatsink to see if it is
    dirty, and make sure the heatsink fan is working. If the heatsink is
    clean and the fan good, try pulling the heatsink and remount it. Here
    is a web page with the BIOS beep codes so you will know what the
    different sounds mean. Good luck.
    http://bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm

    ICee, Apr 19, 2004

  3. Diodak

    TomG Guest

    look at the capacitors on the board and see if you find any caps that are
    failing as per the photo's below:
    --
    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com/Bad%20Caps%20Pic/BE6II%20bad%20caps1.jpg
    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com/Bad%20Caps%20Pic/BX133%20caps.jpg

    if so, then you may want to consider getting the board repaired.

    another possibility is overtemperature of the CPU. make sure that the heat
    sink is not clogged up with dust and is correctly mounted to the cpu and
    that the fan is still running... if the siren sounds right at the start of
    booting up, then it is most likely not a problem with the heat sink and
    overheating of the CPU.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 130,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Apr 19, 2004
  4. Diodak

    Alpine Guest

    Another thing that can cause the sound alert on start-up is setting the CPU
    fan to slow down when the temperature is low and having the setting set that
    detect for CPU fan failure. When I have my window open in the winter and
    first turn on my PC in the morning my CPU fan only turns at about 2100 RPM
    when I have the BIOS set to turn the fan down to 70%. In the morning, my fan
    is turning at such a slow speed that the alarm goes off thinking that the
    fan has failed. If I also select the setting to turn off the PC when it
    detects a fan failure, it shuts off before Windows gets completely loaded.
    If the PC is warmed up or has recently been ran, the alarm doesn't sound.
    It's only when I first turn it on the morning and it is unusually cool.
    Check to see if your BIOS has the same type of setting. My motherboard is an
    Abit KV7.

    Due to an excessive amount of spam, if you want to send me an e-mail put
    eniplA in the subject if you want me to see it.

    Alpine, Apr 21, 2004
  5. Diodak

    Diodak Guest

    Thank's very match ! for help