  1. Hello All ,
    Is it possible to use a 533 bus chip on this board which
    is a 400 bus board ?

    Michael Luchesi, Nov 30, 2003

  2. Michael Luchesi

    'Show Guest

    Yes, but there's two possible problems.

    i) if you're using PC800, then it might not overclock, but you can always
    choose the "300MHz" option at the bottom of the Softmenu III screen.

    ii) The clock generator on some aren't up to it, remember you'll have to set
    133MHz FSB manually (533).
    I think the boards which have an "AC2001" sticker on one of the chips have
    good generators, but that isn't guaranteed. You could always have the
    generator swapped with a higher spec one, best to try it first, it'll
    probably be alright.

    Good luck,
    Paul

    'Show, Nov 30, 2003

  3. Michael Luchesi

    Immuno Guest

    For the TH7-II-Raid.... It certainy is! That's what I'm using at the moment.

    I'm using a 2.4GHz 533 processor, the FSB is set at 150MHz rather than just
    133 - to give a nett 2.7GHz :eek:)))

    You have to drop the Rambus down to 300MHz (in the Softmenu III screen)
    which then gives you 800MHz at 133 or 900MHz at 150 FSB. I have had the FSB
    up to 165, but it gets a bit unstable as the ventilation and hence cooling
    is not too good on the box it is in at the moment.

    Have fun,

    Pete

    Immuno, Nov 30, 2003
  4. Thanks for your response Pete , I may just give it a try.

    Michael Luchesi, Dec 2, 2003