Abit VI7, Sandra reports -5V as 0v and -12V as -7V

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Sami Karstén, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. P4-2.6GHz, 800FSB (similar celeron didn't work)
    420W PSU, CD, hdd and floppy are fine.
    512 MB 333MHz
    WinXP

    Strangest thing is that this works fine most of the time. I suffer from
    occasional lock ups that at first made me suspect one of the ATI
    videocards I have. Yesterday I had the same problem with the
    other vidcard and today I run this with different PSU. Same results
    with Sandra so now only RAM and motherboard could be the reason.

    My question is, could anyone with same motherboard look up the
    power readings with Sandra so I could be sure that Sandra and this
    mobo didn't have any problems working together. The reason I ask
    is because the memory speeds are different than Bios reports, perhaps
    powers are too. Readings are at the end of this post.

    I attached some data from Sandra, would anyone have any other idea
    as to why these readings are what they are.

    What I suspect is that the -5 volt line is grounded and it causes the
    instability and I should just take this mobo to store and get my
    money back the first thing tomorrow morning.

    I bought this board and a 2.6GHz celeron at the same time from
    a store that doesn't have a very good reputation with customer
    reclamations. When I could not get this board working with the
    celeron, I brought it back to store so they could check it for defects.
    They made me pay 50? for the service of testing it and telling that
    they couldn't either but the board was working fine with not celeron
    processors. Now I could go back and perhaps get back at them.

    SiSoftware Sandra

    System
    Manufacturer : VIA Technologies, Inc.
    Model : PT800-8237

    Mainboard
    Manufacturer : http://www.abit.com.tw/
    MP Support : 1 CPU(s)
    MPS Version : 1.40
    Model : VI7 (VIA PT800-8237)
    Version : 1.x

    Chipset 1
    Model : Abit Computer Corp ProSavageDDR P4X333 CPU to PCI Bridge
    Bus(es) : AGP PCI USB
    Front Side Bus Speed : 4x 200MHz (800MHz data rate)
    Maximum FSB Speed / Max Memory Speed : 4x 133MHz / 2x 166MHz
    Width : 64-bit
    HTT - Hyper-Threading Technology : No
    IO Queue Depth : 12 request(s)

    Chipset 1 Hub Interface
    Type : V-Link
    Width : 8-bit
    Full Duplex : Yes
    Multiplier : 1/1x
    Speed : 8x 80MHz (640MHz data rate)
    IO Queue Depth : 9 request(s)

    Logical/Chipset 1 Memory Banks
    Bank 0 : 256MB DDR-SDRAM 2.5-3-3-7CL 1CMD
    Bank 2 : 256MB DDR-SDRAM 2.5-3-3-7CL 1CMD
    Speed : 2x 200MHz (400MHz data rate)
    Multiplier : 1/1x
    Width : 64-bit
    Power Save Mode : No