ABIT VP6 "ERROR LOADING OPERATING SYSTEM"

Discussion in 'Abit' started by SiLapuLapu, Oct 14, 2003.

  1. SiLapuLapu

    SiLapuLapu Guest

    Dear Sirs/Madam:

    I have a Abit VP6 dual proc. I have a delima of an: "ERROR LOADING OPERATING
    SYSTEM". I could not get my main HD to boot up no matter what I did including
    a low format or a fill. I pulled it out and got one of my friends to format it
    for me on his computer system using WinXPpro. When that was done I brought it
    back to my system and my Win2Kpro disk booted up the HD. I wasen't shure if it
    would boot rite so I reformated it agian using the boot up disk of Win2Kpro.
    My HD is NTSF formated. After the full clean install I rebooted and went into
    my CMOS and changed the boot set up to 1st: HD-0/ 2nd: CD-ROM/ 3rd: FLOPPY and
    manually filled the CHS of my HD-0. As soon as I restarted it agian it went
    through it's process of boot up. Afterwards it said "VERIFYING DMI POOL DATA",
    then said "ERROR LOADING OPERATING SYSTEM".

    This is what my setup looks like when it comes up:
    CPU ID/ucode ID: 0686/08
    CPU Clock: 1000B Mhz
    Extended Memory: 2096128K
    Cache Memory: 256K/ 256K

    Diskette Drive A: 1.44M, 3.5in.
    Diskette Drive B: none
    Pri Master: CHS,ATA 100, 76GB
    Pri Slave: none
    Sec. Master: DVD-RW,ATA 33
    Sec. Slave: none
    Display Type: EGA/VGA
    Serial Ports: 3F8 2F8
    Parallel Ports: 378
    SDRAM at DIMM: 0 1 2 3

    manual mode: 16383 CYL
    16 HDS
    63 SEC

    Boot up formation:
    HD-0
    CD-ROM
    FLOPPY

    Hope you can help me, need help badly. You can email me back at:

    Thank you,
    ROM

    SiLapuLapu, Oct 14, 2003