    all the way!

    Way to lose customer support ABIT!

    ABIT ABITES!

    Larry Davis, Jul 23, 2003

  2. Larry Davis

    R. Pazderski Guest

    Name another major board manufacturer that doesn't have the same slow
    service. Unfortunately as one reads through the different news groups, slow
    manufacturer response is among the top complaints of all customers.

    Regards,

    Rick P.
    =======================>>>
    Is ABIT going out of business or are they just non-caring
    incompetents? I RMA'ed my board to them almost a month ago and am
    STILL waiting for it's return. SHOVE A REPLACEMENT IN A BOX AND MAIL
    IT OUT! Finally got some marketing guy to respond to my emails and he
    was very helpful asking me to be PATIENT! I have bought 3 boards from
    ABIT and have always recommended them highly...from now on it's ASUS

    R. Pazderski, Jul 24, 2003

  3. Larry Davis

    h2so4 Guest

    ....and the prattling review sites continue to extol the virtues of mainboard
    manufacturers' technical support.

    h2so4, Jul 24, 2003
  4. Larry Davis

    minus200 Guest

    Asus will not even answer your e-mail not to mention there is NO WAY they
    will take a MB back from a user

    try the Abit forum at www.amdmb.com - Abit reps monitor the forum there

    minus200, Jul 24, 2003
  5. Larry Davis

    Mark Ryan Guest

    Thus far, I've had 4 ABit boards, 2 of which I had to RMA because of the
    faulty caps, and in both instances they had been returned inside of 2 weeks,
    suppose being the office is "local" to may have major factor.

    The other 2 units still running happy, and last I heard the primary unit, a
    KT7A-Raid was now operating using an Athlon XP1800+ without any issues.

    Suppose I must be lucky thus far.

    Mark Ryan, Jul 24, 2003
  6. Larry Davis

    Homie Guest

    This is a common bitch with most board manufactures.
    Once again, if you bought pair of Chinese made underwear from Wal-Mart, would you be
    e-mailing China defect or would you take them back toWalmart ?
    The basic procedure of any warranty is about the same, first step is to contact the
    reseller that sold you the defective merchandise, if they won't help you, then they
    are probably in the business of selling defective merchandise.

    Abit's RMA policy is better than most,
    they do answer their phone and you can even talk to real technicians (sometimes).
    I just tried to get a bios update for a Shuttle board...that company is a joke !
    They don't even admit that the model exists, yet it's here in front of me...

    Aside from all that, there are about a dozen very sharp -regulars- in this newsgroup
    to help you with many Abit board problems, software problems, set-up & build advice
    and even the technoshit stuff like electronics at a component level.
    How many other brands have people with real technical knowledge as highly skilled
    regulars in their newsgroups?

    Give it a few more days, your board will be back and you will be a happy camper once
    again.

    Homie

    --
    Mainboards, Videocards & CPU pin repair.

    http://motherboardrepair.com

    Homie, Aug 19, 2003
  7. Larry Davis

    Geoff Guest

    Well Happy Birthday in 3 days Homie just in case I forget, and yes Abit
    boards are good and I have had about 5 now and the support on here is
    fantastic...

    Geoff, Aug 19, 2003
  8. Larry Davis

    Jerry Polyak Guest

    Just stay away from my flock. I already dipped them...

    Jerry Polyak, Aug 19, 2003
  9. Larry Davis

    Homie Guest

    Just because you dipped em once doesn't mean they are happy, I may just stop by after
    all.

    Homie

    Homie, Aug 20, 2003
  10. Larry Davis

    Jerry Polyak Guest

    Oh, hell, why not, it is your birthday!!!!!

    | Just because you dipped em once doesn't mean they are happy, I may just
    stop by after
    | all.
    |
    | Homie
    |
    | --
    | Mainboards, Videocards & CPU pin repair.
    |
    | http://motherboardrepair.com
    |

    | | Just stay away from my flock. I already dipped them...
    |

    | | | Hey,
    | | My birthday is only 3 days away........
    | | I am ready to do some sheep dippin!
    | |
    | | --
    | | Mainboards, Videocards & CPU pin repair.
    | |
    | | http://motherboardrepair.com
    | |
    | |
    | | Anyway (who-ya -gonna-call) Sheep Busters.........
    | | [email protected]
    | |
    | |

    Jerry Polyak, Aug 20, 2003
  11. Larry Davis

    TomG Guest

    no, but tomorrow is! HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOMIE!!!

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 115,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Aug 20, 2003
  12. Larry Davis

    JimL Guest

    Mark,
    Might be similar to the Gary, IN game called 'Hoosier Daddy'.

    JimL, Aug 21, 2003
  13. Larry Davis

    TomG Guest

    LOL!