    arthur wouk Guest

    this is a 73gig sca drive which i have been unable to make work
    with my ultra-1.

    arthur wouk, Jun 22, 2005

  2. arthur wouk

    Jeff Wieland Guest

    Do you see the drive when you run a probe-scsi at the OpenBoot prompt?

    Did you do a reconfigure boot? If not, do some variation of the
    following:

    1. Shutdown to firmware:

    # shutdown -i0 -g0 -y

    At the ok prompt, run:

    boot -r

    ---- OR ----

    As root, create the reconfigure file and reboot:

    # touch /reconfigure
    # shutdown -i6 -g0 -y

    If you still don't see the drive (it should show up in format now
    for instance), you might need to jumper the driver to disable LVD
    mode (might be called something like "Force S/E mode", too).

    Jeff Wieland, Jun 23, 2005

  3. arthur wouk

    arthur wouk Guest

    :In article <>
    :(arthur wouk) writes:
    :> this is a 73gig sca drive which i have been unable to make work
    :>with my ultra-1.
    :>--
    :>getting out of bed in the morning is an act of false confidence
    :> - jules feifer
    :> to email me, delete blackhole. from my return address
    :
[...]
    :--
    :Jeff Wieland

    i attached it to a 80-50pin converter, put it on sparcstation 2,
    and it was seen by format and sformat. neigher could make it go.

    arthur wouk, Jun 24, 2005