    This indicates to me that a utility for fix this drive state must be
    doable, yet I've yet to see a method or application for the MAC that
    can do what the PC did.

    SpreadTooThin, Jun 1, 2011

  2. SpreadTooThin

    Guest Guest

    how long did you wait after reconnecting it? it could be the mac was
    scanning the directory for possible corruption since it was marked as
    not having been cleanly unmounted. on a large drive, that might take a
    while, especially over usb.

    Guest, Jun 1, 2011

  3. SpreadTooThin

    Alan Browne Guest

    Did you try re-mounting it with Disk Utility?

    Alan Browne, Jun 1, 2011
  4. Did you try power-cycling the external drive?

    David Arnstein, Jun 1, 2011
  5. SpreadTooThin

    dorayme Guest

    <
    m>,
    Coat it with a prickly skin, needing a glove, that will remind
    you.

    dorayme, Jun 2, 2011
  6. It doesn't show up in DiskUtility.

    SpreadTooThin, Jun 2, 2011
  7. Most of the day actually.. I just plugged it in and forgot it.. Then I
    went to see what the Time machine had been up to and it hadn't made a
    backup in a few days.... so..

    SpreadTooThin, Jun 2, 2011
  8. Thanks.. Have you tried that yourself?

    SpreadTooThin, Jun 2, 2011
  9. SpreadTooThin

    Guest Guest

    does the usb bridge show up in system profiler?

    Guest, Jun 2, 2011
  10. I didn't see anything to mount.. and since i connected the drive to a
    PC and brought it back it is working fine so it's gonna be hard to
    test for now, until I do accidentally remove it again... Which
    shouldn't ever happen cause I'm human....

    SpreadTooThin, Jun 2, 2011
  11. Yes.

    SpreadTooThin, Jun 2, 2011
  12. SpreadTooThin

    dorayme Guest

    <
    Don't need to, see my thumb, look up recent posts.

    dorayme, Jun 3, 2011