    Since ThinkPad is the ONLY brand of laptop I've ever owned (3), will
    someone please enlighten me about the features that set it apart from
    other laptops?

    PDFrank, Sep 6, 2012

  2. PDFrank

    News Guest

    Going back to the 510CS, Thinkpads are known for durability, individual
    customization potential, and support; but Mr. Navass Charter-broker is
    the self-styled expert.

    News, Sep 6, 2012

  3. I don't know enough about John Navas to comment on his expertise or lack
    thereof, and life's too short for flaming, anyway. But, as for the
    computers, they are, TTBOMK, the only ones that have the TrackPoint device,
    which I love, and which would be a deal breaker even if I could find another
    brand that's built as well and is as easily repairable and customizable by
    anyone who can walk and chew gum at the same time.

    Tom Rutherford, Sep 6, 2012
  4. PDFrank

    News Guest

    All you need to know it he personally killed i.i.t then doesn't bother
    to post anything but useless auto-posted boilerplate at his namesake NG.

    News, Sep 7, 2012
  5. Well, I don't know if *he* killed it; I do know that it isn't carried with
    all of the other Big 8 newsgroups, but it is carried on some servers,
    Eternal September included. I do see traffic there from time to time. When
    AT&T dropped it, I thought I was all done seeing anything on it, and then
    AT&T dropped NNTP entirely, but I found a home here, and that newsgroup is
    here.

    Tom Rutherford, Sep 8, 2012
  6. PDFrank

    News Guest

    Navass **personally** killed i.i.t, over significant NG user objections,
    as "non-conforming", presumably to his high standards of a spamming
    platform.

    News, Sep 8, 2012
  7. PDFrank

    News Guest

    On 9/8/2012 2:48 PM, John Navas wrote:> comp.sys.laptops.thinkpad is a
    new official "Big 8" Usenet newsgroup for
    Q-fucking-ED

    News, Sep 8, 2012
  8. Spamming? The only "spamming" from him, for those who erroneously call it
    that, is the periodic "Welcome" message. Big, hairy deal. From what I
    remember, i.i.t didn't conform to the Big 8 name hierarchy. For all I know,
    that might've been an RFC issue. Until I'm sure of the facts, though, I'm
    not going to agree with any flames.

    Tom Rutherford, Sep 8, 2012
  9. PDFrank

    News Guest

    As predictable as the stink at low tide.

    News, Sep 10, 2012
  10. PDFrank

    josephkk Guest

    Well, well, well. That did not specifically kill i.i.t so much as create
    the Big-8 supported c.s.l.t and maybe more. Big-8 supported news groups
    are generally better carried by Usenet providers over ones that do not
    have sponsoring meta-organizations. Readers and posting naturally
    followed.

    YMMV

    ?-)

    josephkk, Dec 19, 2012
  11. PDFrank

    News Guest

    Yeah, Navass' c.s.l.t.wake torrent is just deafening.

    News, Dec 19, 2012