    a long distant flight in an airplane
    and some senseless windows process
    waste my normal 12 hours battery life

    Roland Mösl, May 25, 2012

  2. Roland Mösl

    BillW50 Guest

    Sounds like DPCs. This is easy to check with the simple tool below.

    DPC Latency Checker
    http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

    All of my Asus EeePC 700 series netbooks have this problem. If they are
    close to another electronic device, the DPCs will climb.

    BillW50, May 25, 2012

  3. Roland Mösl

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Windows. especially 7, does a few things in the 'background', like run the
    monthly Malicious Software programme as well as defragging the HDD. Of
    course, as soon as you open Task Manager the 'background' tasks stop as the
    computer is no longer idle.....

    Google Win 7 background process' for further info.
    --
    Shaun.

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)